Modern Solutions for Age Old Problems

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Divorce Makes Me Sad


The past couple of weeks I have been discouraged about the impact of divorce.  I have talked to so many individuals lately that are in the midst of dissolving their marriages.  They are despairing, worried and floundering.  Their children are so sad, angry and can’t come to terms with why the two most important people in their world don’t want to be together anymore.

This is in no way a judgment or criticism; it is simply an expression of sadness. Regardless of the situation the fact is…divorce hurts and that makes me sad. Sometimes the failure, mistakes and vulnerability of our humanness is a heavy burden on the heart.  We are imperfect people so we mess up, our mess ups can cause serious pain.

So in the storm of divorce I am so thankful for a God that loves unconditionally, forgives even the most horrible, and can be counted on regardless.  Thankful for God that doesn’t take sides, doesn’t shut down when things get hard.  My prayer tonight, “God, comfort all those hurting because of divorce and God… please help me be more like you. Amen”

No comments:

Post a Comment